Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oh, ya know, just still waiting...

So my last post was last Tuesday and it talked about the Article 5 not being picked up and then the closure of the USC in Ch@na due to the white powder incident.  So, fast forward a week later and still nothing.  I almost have to laugh about it or else I would be in tears all day everyday!!  But, mama bear ain't playin anymore and I was on the phone ALLLL day yesterday up until midnight fighting for my daughter.
Our rep that lives in Ch@na has been calling USC (US Consulate/Embassy) where my paperwork is stuck.  They pretty much told her to quit calling and they will call her when everything is ready.  Um...ok??? She did finally find out that they were still waiting on the correct paperwork from CCCWA.  Not quite sure if they had even requested it yet at this point.  Not quite sure what they've been doing with my case other than letting it collect dust.  So anyway, I called our Ohio Congressman yesterday to get him involved in helping move things along per advice from my awesome adoption peeps on Facebook.  He is sending them an email and they will have to respond to him in a couple of days as to what they are requesting.  Well, I still couldn't just sit here and wait.  So, at 9:00pm our time (9:00 am china time) I decided to call Ch@na myself.  Yep, you heard it right...I told you, mama bear ain't messin anymore!!  I got thru to the staff that is handling my case and she was very difficult to understand nor do I think she understood me too clearly.  But I managed to get out of her that they have requested the paperwork from CCCWA.  Still couldn't get out of her what they are requesting.  Progress, right??  So, I immediately emailed our in country rep and asked her to call CCCWA to find out if they had got the request and if they had sent it yet. She emails back saying she called but they don't understand what she is talking about.  Ok, it's midnight and I now try to go to sleep still with no answers and no one seems to know anything about where this paperwork is.  Also, while at softball a dear friend says her husband works with someone that has connections in the White House and she was going to get them working on that.  Ok, so all in one day I have talked to my agency, the congressman, Ch@na and now getting the White House involved.  Yep, that's me, standing on my hind legs ready to fight my way to her!!! Didn't sleep all night of course and got an email that came in around 3:30 am from our rep saying that she finally found the right person to talk to and they said they already sent the paperwork!! Hallelujah, at least I know they found the paperwork and it was sent!  Now, I'm not quite sure why they told me they haven't received it yet. Oh well...progress, I will take any and all progress.  So, you better bet your bottom dollar I am calling Ch@na tonight again to inform them that YES, they do have the paperwork, quit dilly dallying and issue my Art 5, like NOW!!!!! In a nice, loving way of course.  *wink*
So, just wanted to give you an update since it has been a week in case y'all were wondering :) I'm still here, she's still there, but I am giving it everything I've got and I'm not gonna stop!!! Keep those prayers coming...I know we can pray her home!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

1 comment: