Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Last week one emotion, this week the complete opposite!

Here's the latest update as to what is going on with our adoption.  We were supposed to be on day 5 of our TA wait but unfortunately, our Art 5 did not get picked up last Friday from the US embassy in Ch@na which means we still wait.  Was not given a time frame as to when it would be ready or anything.  They are requesting more "paperwork" from the CCCWA.  This was the one thing I was counting on being consistent in this adoption.  Everyone I had heard of always got picked up on their scheduled day.  This is par for our course with the past 18 months.  Now, as if this wasn't bad enough, I got word Monday morning that the US embassy in Ch@na is completely shut down now due to a suspicious "white powder" found.  This is where our paperwork is.  That means, nothing is happening...at all.  This closure affects so many people, it is horrible.  There are families there on their last leg of their trip that are now stuck because that is where the Consulate Appointments are held.  I can't imagine having to rearrange flights and hotel stays and not being able to come home until who knows when!  Please pray hard for everyone this closure is affecting.
Now, let me just share my heart for just a moment since it is too hard to talk about in person.  I know God is bigger than this, and I know that He knows the end result and I fully trust that.  It doesn't make it any less hard.  Anelyn is my child just like Eli and Olivia are my children...there is no difference. I could not love her any more if I had birthed her myself.  She is already a part of us, a part of our family...she is so prevalent in our house.  Honestly, it is like someone has kidnapped my child and they are just telling me to sit back and be "patient".  I'm sorry, but when your child is missing and you can't get to them...patience is out the window.  I know it is hard for people to comprehend this love, I never imagined it myself, until now that I feel it. I am utterly and completely in love with a child I have never met.  But none the less, she is mine and she is being kept from her family due to red tape.  It is sad, heartbreaking and totally unfair.  She is now 5 months older than when we first saw her...5 more months that we have missed seeing her smile, hearing her voice, watching her walk, giving her love and 5 more months she has been without her family.  I know God is in control and He will bring us through this and she will come home and it will all be a distant memory but there is another aspect to this.  Satan HATES redemption!  Adoption is redemption!  Satan is doing everything in his power to keep this redemption story from happening.  But I've got news for him.  He is NOT going to win!  I will fight tooth and nail to bring my daughter home and I will not stop until she is completely redeemed and in the arms of her forever family!  God is writing her redemption story and it must really be a doozy since we have faced a battle in every aspect of this adoption...I can't wait to see what God has in store for her!!
I am asking you to be praying for these issues.  We were supposed to be on a plane 2 weeks from today but now there is no possible way.  Now, we are going to run into the government shut down at the end of May and another closure in June for their Dragon Boat Festival.  So, who knows when we will be traveling.  The closer we get to the finish line, the harder the wait is and now to have these crazy delays thrown at us, it is quite frankly unbearable.  We were SO close. Needless to say, my heart is shattered into a million pieces.  I am so utterly angry and sad and every other emotion, it is hard to concentrate on anything.  My arms and heart physically hurt and ache to hold her.  Thank you so much to everyone who is covering us in prayer right now...I can tell you, I feel them so keep them coming.  It is the only thing getting me thru right now.   Please pray this gets resolved as quickly as possible, pray for my heart, and keep praying for Anelyn. I will keep you posted as I get new information.

No comments:

Post a Comment