Monday, January 30, 2012

I800 Form Received!!

On January 26, 2012 at 8:49 AM our I800 form along with our Homestudy was received by the US government!!  They should be notifying us in the next couple of weeks to have our fingerprinting done.
So, between 2 and 3 months we should have our approval back.
 All of our papers are done for the dossier (the huge batch of documents that actually go to China).  Once we get our approval from the US government, our dossier papers can go to China.  And within a couple of weeks of our papers arriving in China, we will get "logged in"...in the adoption world it is a very HUGE milestone called LID (log in date).  Once we are logged in, the agency can begin matching us with a baby!!!
So, according to my calculations as well as my agency's calculations, our papers should be going to China by the beginning of May.  That means by the end of May we should have our LID!!!  Oh my goodness, if for some reason there is a miracle and we are actually matched on the first batch of referrals that means we could have her picture in June.  Although, I will be happy if we just have a picture before Christmas.  Since we are requesting a baby as young as possible with just a very minor heart condition they prepared us that it could be a long wait.  They only get referrals once a month, so it could be several, several months before a baby girl with a minor heart defect is available.  But, I am prepared to wait because I know God already has her picked for us and I believe she was born for us to be her forever family!

No comments:

Post a Comment